Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Kefir Mango Lassi

I think I only drank mango lassi once or twice in my two summers in India, but I started craving this sweet, creamy, and tart treat as soon as we had our first (and fleeting) warm day here in Portland.  After a week of gray skies and rain, including a freak hailstorm, this kefir mango lassi is ready to greet the sunshine.



All of the recipes I consulted used a combination of milk and yogurt to create the lassi, but I make mine with kefir.  I also like to add a splash of half 'n half to my smoothie, as it adds just a touch of creamy sweetness to the final product.  Depending on your personal preference, you can add honey, agave syrup, or raw sugar to taste.  I add just a bit of agave syrup.

Kefir Mango Lassi
Serves 1 as an afternoon pick-me-up, or 2 as an accompaniment to a meal

1 cup kefir 
1 cup frozen mango chunks (or one ripe mango, if that's an option where you live!)
1 splash of half 'n half (optional)
Sweetener, to taste: honey, agave syrup, or raw cane sugar
Cardamon (optional)


This one's really easy: blend all ingredients and drink up!  Sprinkle with cardamom before serving if you like.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!