Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

International Women's Day, 2014

Kolkata, India, circa 2007

Today, I feel 
      inspired
      frustrated
      angry
      hopeful
      broken
      empowered

Almost seven years ago, I swore I would make the world a better place for these beautiful young women.  I promised that I would get the education needed to make a sustainable difference, as too many communities have suffered at the hands of well-intentioned idealists imposing their own agenda. But working through my master's degree, I realize that I still don't have the answers - just more questions about why and how and when and where.  And these sweet faces deserve someone more qualified than me; won't a smarter, stronger, wiser woman take the reigns?

Maybe there aren't any answers.  Maybe the journey only requires that we keep asking questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!