Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Farewell to Summer






The skies were a perfect blue, the air just warm enough to warrant fresh lemonade with lavender.  Kids played in the fountains, tourists zipped along in Segues, and runners zigzagged across the grass, huddled teenagers blowing smoke in their wake.  Everyone was down at the waterfront to celebrate the last day of summer.  We knew that there would be some nice weather in the coming weeks, but it wouldn't be the same.  And sure enough, Portland ushered in the fall with a series of downpours, which have slowed to a consistent drizzle.  I've switched from flip-flops to boots, and my feet feel so confined.  But I don't use an umbrella.  That's so Californian.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! I had no idea that no umbrella was Californian of me. I just don't like the way the rain falls sideways here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!