Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Summer Harvest






I did something magical today: I went to the garden to pick vegetables for dinner.  

It's not really my garden; it's my landlords'.  However, they've very kindly given me permission to share in the harvest, and I do some weeding in exchange.  It's almost like I grew the food myself.  (But not really.)

The homegrown cherry tomatoes and Swiss chard joined a few snips from my basil plant (and lightly-fried garlic chips, yum) in this pasta, which was enjoyed outside on a glorious Portland evening.  Soon, they tell me, the rain will return.


I wanted to share some photos of the cute pepper plants, but those ended up looking a lot more phallic on the screen.  Sorry to disappoint.    

1 comment:

  1. Thank you So much for your sweet comment today girl:) You blessed me! Excited to get to know you better...love Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!