Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Portland Farmers Market at PSU


There are farmers markets all around the city throughout the week, but the PSU Saturday Market is the biggest of them all.  I actually moved here in time to catch the opening market in March, which was a crazy, cold, windy, wonderful morning.  If you're planning a trip to Stumptown, the Portland Farmers Market at Portland State University should be on your list - if not for the amazing produce, live entertainment, or incredible food vendors, then at least for the people watching.  




 I did not actually buy these eggs.  For one, they were too cute to eat.  And while I do my best to support farmers that keep their chickens happy and healthy, these prices are out of my grad school budget.  I'm trying to convince my landlords to keep chickens on the property instead!  (Goats have also been suggested; how cool would that be??)



I have developed a major affinity for spicy peppers since moving to Portland.  You could actually feel the heat coming off of these bad boys.  Delicious.



I am a sucker for bad puns, and this stand delivers every week.  They also support refugee farmers, so I'm happy to support them.



In Portland, we put kale in everything, including cuisine that wouldn't normally include kale - like Mexican food.




Not pictured: pour over coffee, a breakfast burrito with New Mexico chilies and spiced potatoes, a banana Nutella crepe, and an artichoke tamale with fresh salsa.  These were devoured too quickly for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!